Monday, April 23, 2012

Volume 5: James D Bear and the Snow Day

Written by VWH
Illustrated by VWH & Yours Truly
Starring James D Bear

James D Bear lives in the nursery at 749 Washington Street.


One morning he awoke to SNOW outside his window.


“Brrrr!” said James D Bear, “It’s much too cold to play outside.”


“I wish for sunshine and playing outdoors.  I will pretend I am in Egypt.”
So James D Bear pretended he was Bearoah of all Egypt.


First he climbed aboard his royal barge.  


He asked Father Bear to pull his barge because Father had a snow day.


Then he sailed down the Nile.


He sailed past great pyramids.


He sailed past giraffes and seahorses and elephants.


He even thought he saw a crocodile hiding in the water.


But then James Bear felt sad.


“It is no fun anymore to be Bearoah of all Egypt,” said James D Bear, “Because my mother does not live in Egypt.  I’d much rather be at home with her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment