Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Freedom to blog

For the first time in 2 weeks I'm blogging!  We had a rush of work flood the office and, while it wasn't especially stimulating, it was time-consuming.  It was nice this afternoon to eat lunch at a normal pace, not have the phone ringing every 30 seconds, and chat with the office workers.  I realize, however, that the storm was a blessing...soon I will be back to writing in you once more, every day, dearest blog. 

Well, I figured out that in order to get all the practicing in that I feel my instruments need right now I'd need to put in 5 hours a day.  (Night, really, since I don't get back until after 5.)  I don't have 5 hours a night.  I haven't felt the need to practice this much since my freshman year in college, when I was balancing two instruments.  I chose the flute sophomore year to cut back on the load.  Well, the load was lightened temporarily, but it turns out that you can make way more money on piano as an accompanist than a free-lance flute gigger.  (I can't say I'm surprised.)  So the recital requests pour in and the literature I have to learn mounts.  Unfortunately, piano music takes four times as long to learn as flute music.  Maybe even longer.  I do love to practice piano though.

The answer to my time-crunching problems?  We need a piano so I don't have to drive somewhere to practice.  Oh VWH---are you listening???

In other news, my collection of Friends DVDs has become the hot commodity of the greater Rochester area.  Of the 10 seasons I think I have about 4 in my cabinet at home.  I might need to think about library fines...if the VWH were borrowing I'd make a killing!

Just kidding...sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment