Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guest blog post #2


Friday:
Tonight Mommy played her flute with a whole lot of other musicians.  They were really loud.  There was a trumpet player who played by himself a lot and Daddy thought he was really good.  The music was so loud that the floor shook and it made me squirm.  There’s not very much room to kick anymore…

Saturday:
Mommy and Daddy went to a class in the morning where they watched some videos about babies being born.  Apparently I’m going to go on quite the journey in a few more weeks!  Mommy seemed relaxed throughout the morning, but she kept giggling at Daddy.  She said he squirmed more than I did!  Then they drove to some schools and walked around.  They called it “Homecoming.”  Mommy ate some delicious food and Daddy looked at books.  He does that a lot.  I don’t know how to read, but I listen to them read stories together every night before bed.  It helps me calm down.  Usually they laugh a lot when they read out loud, but now they are reading a new book called “The Everlasting Man.”  I don’t think it’s as funny as their last book.

Sunday:
Mommy went to her first baby shower today.  She kept bending over to pick up presents and kept squishing me.  When she does that a lot I make sure she remembers that I’m in here!  It sounded like there were lots of grandmas, aunts, and cousins and she kept talking about the wonderful gifts.  I heard her tell Daddy later that we got lots of handmade baby blankets and clothes for me.  I bet I’ll look pretty spiffy in my new clothes!  Daddy was happy about the shower, but he was much more excited about a football game.  I can’t wait to meet all of my family members.  They sound like they love me a lot and they seem to always have a good time together.  I can’t wait to watch my first football game either! 

Monday:
Today Mommy went for a checkup.  The doctor has a very nice and calm voice, but I can tell that Mommy gets a little nervous whenever she goes.  It’s because she wants me to be healthy.  They listened to my heartbeat and I was sure to show off some of my latest moves.  The doctor told Mommy that my head is pointing down.  I could have told Mommy that a long time ago…I can’t swim around anymore and I’m kind of stuck down here.  Apparently this is a good thing.

Tuesday:
Today was a wiggly day.  I was hyper all day long!  When I get hyper Mommy puts her hand close by to feel me move.  I like to perform my gymnastics for her, and I can make my knees and feet pop out into her hand.  I like that she knows where I am and that I am moving.  I got the hiccups a lot today too.  I get them every day now, but today they kept coming back.  Probably because I was so hyper!

Wednesday:
Mommy is thinking about me all day today.  She has been looking for baby things on the internet and apparently is searching for a special outfit just for me.  She says my Uncle Daniel is getting married at Christmastime and that I have to get dressed up.  Apparently she can’t find what she is looking for.  Her friend started helping her look today at work and they were making some progress.  They mentioned something about “double breasted jackets” and “functional pockets to hold a pacifier.”  That sounds pretty silly to me.  I’ll probably sleep through the wedding.  I have to sleep a lot so I can have lots of energy for wiggles when I’m awake!  Mommy also told me that she is making a special surprise for Daddy tonight when he gets home.  Daddy has to work a lot of different jobs and gets back late at night.  She tries to make home a special place for him so he can relax at the end of the day.  I think the surprise tonight might involve food, which is good, because Mommy will probably share some with me too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment