Monday, February 1, 2016

January Loose Ends



 I neglected to mention a week or so ago that Roy and I did make the conclusion of our January DNI: Nutella Semifreddo with Toasted Hazelnuts. I didn’t take any pictures, but here’s one off the internet. 
Finally, the dessert: A creamy Nutella semifreddo.
Happy to report that even though my photography skills aren’t up to the snuff of food bloggery, it looked just like that. It tasted fine, but I struggled with the raw egg. (Three of them, whipped right in and frozen.) Put consuming raw egg right up there next to deep-frying in my Queue of Squeamishness.

On the upswing, the entire recipe would have been impossible without Mr. Yellow. So that purchase is now 100% justified.

J

I’ve been reading loads. Pleased to say I finished another two books before the conclusion of January…

9/50: Call The Midwife: Farewell to the East End. A bit more palatable and humorous than the second Call the Midwife book. Still gritty and challenging though. Glad I read the trilogy, but mostly in the same way one is glad one’s watched Schindler’s List.

10/50: The Silkworm. Galbraith (Pen name of J.K. Rowling) writes for grownups here. I liked this one better than the first Cormoran Strike novel, but there’s still a lot of language and adult content. Granted, it was mostly pinned on the “bad guys”, but still. The purity of Harry far preferred.

Guys, I read ten books in one month! I’m so pumped to be off to a head start, because I don’t doubt there will be months in 2016 when I read almost nothing. If you have any awesome book recommendations feel free to comment below. Yay!


Today’s 1%: I grocery shopped for February. By myself. It was amazing and glorious and organized and quiet. And cheap. If you don’t shop at Aldi, aren’t a farmer, and there is one nearby I’m afraid you are probably wasting money.

No comments:

Post a Comment