Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My Valentine's Day

What did you get for Valentine’s Day this year? Chocolate? Roses? A massively-overpriced greeting card? (I picked up one a week ago and it was 8.79. I put it back down.) That’s all lovely, and I’m super happy for you.

I got this.

On the evening of February 14, Roy pulled this big fat binder out of a beautiful red leather backpack. I’ve had the pack since high school, but the strap began to fray late in my first year of college and I never had it repaired. I couldn’t bear to throw it away because it is so pretty, and the leather makes me think of softball. <cue all of the happy memories> Roy dug it out of the basement and took it to a tailor’s shop.

So, big score on the backpack. But the binder…

I opened it up and, seriously ladies, it’s not even fair. First off, it was stuffed with paper. As you can see, the side of the binder boasts its ability to hold 350 pages.

He has been working for weeks, going through my old, first laptop from college, saving, and printing all of our email correspondence from before we were married. This is about two and a half years’ worth of emails, which is all the more impressive when you consider that we only ever dated in the same geographical location for about five months. There were lots of emails.

800 pages. It’s practically a Bible’s worth of content there.
 
Double sided!

Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment