Saturday, May 29, 2021

Two Week MAF Method

 The challenge: fuel your body with protein, fats, and veg to the exclusion of grains, potatoes, sugar, milk, and fruits. See if exercising changes as your body is forced to use fats over carbs in workouts. Fat burns longer, so theoretically this should be a win. But I really love fruit...

Breakfast: some chicken, pea pods, and red pepper slices. I was still pretty full from my epic farewell to carbs the night before.

Lunch: GF turkey meatballs in arrabiata sauce over spaghetti squash w/ California blend veggies. A familiar recipe, just swapped the Panko for almond meal. Delicious!

Dinner: Big ol’ salad with chicken, avocado, tomatoes, pickled onions w/ balsamic dressing.

Workout: 6 mile run. Felt easy, but I hadn’t run in 3 days so I was bound to feel fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment