Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Loves

James, I love when we read books together. Your favorite activity from infancy, you sit, barely moving or blinking, absorbing every word and picture. You always ask to read another book or chapter and shelve any other activity of great importance for the sake of a story. Your focus and concentration is commendable. That being said, I love it best when books make you laugh. Today we read A Birthday for Francis for the first time and you literally screamed with laughter. I fly inside when I see you understand the sarcasm and jealousy of Francis, and her wild attempts to defend the injustices against her. Keep reading little boy. It will give you all the hooks you need to hold onto in this big scary world.



Owen, I love your irresistible insistence…

“Look at the goose Owen!”
“Nooo. Not’a goose. A GUK.”
“Actually, it’s a goose.”
“No! No goose! GUK! KACK!”

“Daddy, I wan’ muhk!”
“There’s a sippy in your bed Owen. You can go get it.”
“Daddy, I wan’ muhk pease. Pease go get muhk.”
“You can go get it yourself Owen.”
“No WAY.”
“Yes way.”
“No WAAY.”
“Yes way.”
“No, I nee’ he’p. Hol’ joo Daddy. Hol’ joo.”
“I’m not going to hold you. You can go up the stairs yourself.”
“Daddy, pease I wan’ muhk…I know! DAIMSH! I wan’ muuuuhhhhhk!”
“James is in his room Owen. He can’t hear you.”
“DAAAAAAAMMMMMSH! I WAN MUUUHK! PEASE BING ME MUHK!”
“Sorry O Bear, James can’t hear you.”
“…Mommy bing me muhk?”

5 minutes later.

Daddy, “Well, kiddos it’s time to go upstairs and brush teeth.”
“NOW Daddy go bing me muhk! Yay!!!!”



Roy, I love that being married to you means that special treats from the grocery store include the fanciest of cheeses and also gummy vitamins.


1 comment: