Monday, November 5, 2012

Today...



There’s a story to be told.  A complicated tale with thorns and knots and rises and falls.  It hides for weeks and months at a time, only to return stronger and more intensely than before.  I don’t know how it will end or where it will take us.  I only wait and trust.

The story is not mine to tell.  I’m only along for the journey, listening and waiting for the next chapter.  I often feel like it holds my emotions and expectations in bondage.  Never one to live in the moment, waiting for the unexpected, yet long-expected, is maddening to me.

Today another chapter closed.  Another door unopened.  The wait goes on. 

Today, November 5, I am thankful for the sovereignty of God.  If I didn’t have it to trust in and rest my hope upon, I might go mad.

In Christ alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this Solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
Where fears are stilled, where strivings cease
My Comforter, my All-in-All
Here in the power of Christ I stand

No comments:

Post a Comment