Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ribbons of happiness

So my newest toy is this bad boy:
I didn't take that picture, but the noodles are honest-to-goodness that handsome.
I’ve never been into kitchen gadgetry, but I was seeing so many amazing recipes that called for spiralized veggies I became intrigued. The colors! The versatility! Owen refuses purees but will eat tons of textured veggies. James is an odd three year old who won’t touch pasta but consumes most vegetables like they’re going out of style. Squash are in season and we are always looking for healthy new recipes to try. And, most importantly, it looked like FUN. So I thought…hmmmmm. Roy surprised me with a really nice one. Thanks Amazon Prime for your almighty Wishlist—enabling a spouse to order exactly what the other wants with free shipping.

James has decided that the spiralizer is the best toy ever. He is my noodle-making-helper and taste-tester. I hooked him on it with lightly sautéed sweet potatoes noodles with cinnamon and brown sugar. At 9 in the morning. BOOM.

Last night I had planned a nice dinner for Roy and I after the kids were in bed. But I wanted to make sure the boys had some veggies with their dinner too. Out came a yellow squash. Out came the Paderno. Five minutes later it was on their plate and tray. And they devoured it. Voile--the fun of noodles without the taste of pasta (weird children…)!
 
He's happy, I promise.
And then, a few hours later, we ate this:
Thanks pinchofyum.com for the yummy recipe!
It was a happy anniversary.


Today’s 1%: A curved shower rod in your tiny bathroom completely changes your bathing experience. Even though the actual tub is zero percent bigger it absolutely convinces you of its spacious cavern of relaxation. Here’s to helping the cold of winter go down a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment