Monday, June 13, 2016

A little journey, day 13. And other things.

Holding relatively strong on the no gluten thing. Today I had my birthday dessert with my family in PA and I ate the graham cracker crust that accompanied the strawberry pie. It's my birthday...11 days early, but still. :) Tomorrow marks day 14, or the end of this little experiment. I don't know exactly what the plan will be after two weeks expire. Stay tuned on that...


In other thoughts...


Baby Mallory passed away this afternoon and I cried my eyes out on the way home from a family gathering this evening. Her precious mama was on my floor in college and her grandmother one of the kindest women I know. Mallory, you had such an impact on so many in your four short months here with us. You have been loved and prayed for so often. Rest in the arms of Jesus sweet little girl.


I held my babies closer tonight.


My brother and sister-in-law showed off their new home and property tonight. And it's incredible. Like, a getaway home. The little ones loved exploring the new rooms and checking out Uncle Dan's new tractor. I tried not to notice all the counter space and beautiful cabinetry. A forever home if they want it to be.


May it be a place of refuge, of joy, of peace.


On the way back we drove by a business that, strikingly, was still waving its American flag at full height, despite presidential orders yesterday to lower to half staff for most of the week. I mentioned it offhand and Roy said that he'd heard that some are refusing the order "because it was gay people."


If that is true at any level it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard, perhaps in my entire life. I'm not one to toot any kind of political horn on social media, but let me take a second here on my blog to say that what happened in Orlando is a tragedy, a travesty, and senseless. Senseless. As in, there is zero sense in it happening. At any level. I continue to pray for those recovering, and for the families and friends of all who were impacted at Pulse.


We must choose to be a blessing for life. For Your kingdom, for our children, for the sake of every nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment