Thursday, June 2, 2016

A little journey, day 2

The first day is always the easiest right? You have the motivation of starting something new to make it all seem easy. It’s like when I start a run…the first half mile feels pretty good, but the half mile that follows the warm-up isn’t always quite as fun. You have to push through the first wave of resistance to hit your stride.

Well I haven’t hit much resistance yet, so that’s good. No gluten does make me think differently about breakfast, where toast with PB or whole wheat cereal have been my two standbys. Since it’s getting warmer out breakfast smoothies look appealing again so I’ve done that with great success. I throw oats and Greek yogurt to bulk it up and add some protein. I made pasta for the boys last night but left before suppertime for a concert so that kept things easy too.

Day two coming up!

Today’s 1%: I’ve been reading, really I have. I’ve been wading through a really long, highly speculative biography on Princess Louise. The fact that so much of her history is hypothetical prevents me from really investing in it. I don’t feel as if I’m learning anything, at least anything that’s for certain. So I’m picking away at it ten pages at a time. My Kindle “time remaining in book” icon isn’t very encouraging. I also picked up a Grisham that I never finished a year ago. I have a feeling that will get done first…





No comments:

Post a Comment