Friday, June 3, 2016

A little journey, day 3

Well, the ante got upped in the past 36 hours. Since I last blogged I have:

1. Baked two loaves of honey whole wheat bread. I then cut fresh, steaming slices of warm bread for my boys. Yeah. That wasn't hard to say no to at all...

2. Turned down birthday cake at our little friend's party tonight. I wanted the cake, but icing is gluten free so I ate most of Owen's. This was an acceptable compromise.

3. So apparently it's National Doughnut Day? Or week? I was accosted by a woman in Wegmans this morning who offered us all free samples of delicious doughnuts and showed me the ginormous display filled with specialty kinds, including coconut cream and, really really really?!, maple bacon.

That just wasn't fair.

Takeaways thus far:

1. When I don't eat gluten I tend to compensate by eating more fruits and vegetables. This is a very good thing. However...

2. It's hard to measure if I'm feeling great because I'm not eating gluten or because I'm eating more raw foods.

3. I think it's safe to say that I consume gluten every day in some form(s). I've had to make conscious alternative choices at almost every meal.

So. Onward and upwards. And may tomorrow not be National Baguette Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment