Monday, June 6, 2016

Adventures in gluten free baking

So I went to Aldi today and bought some gluten free stuff. I always see it when I’m in the store and my increasing need to bake quickly convinced me to buy the baking mix. I also bought fresh raspberries with shortcake in mind for supper.

It’s never a good sign when your husband walks in on you stirring batter and says absentmindedly, “Oh yum. Mashed potatoes.”

Which is, admittedly, exactly what the dough looked like. I poured a little more mix in, but it still was rather soupy. (I weighed ingredients to make sure I wasn’t originally under or overcompensating.) The batter tasted good, with a rather starchy aftertaste.

They are now in the oven. Husband walks by and says absentmindedly, “Those sure are some delicious, enormous looking pancakes in the oven.”

He’s so kind.

The raspberries will be good anyway…



No comments:

Post a Comment